Friday, May 14, 2010

Favorite Things

So after talking yesterday about a certain blanket and a certain photo, I decided to share my favorite things post today.

I have some favorite things I want to share! Seeing them makes me feel happy, and I want you to feel happy too! So cancel your $400 therapy session, you'll NEVER get happy shelling out that much money...WAIT! Maybe that is the point!
Anyway, maybe my favorite things will make you feel happy too!

My bedroom makes me feel happy and comfortable. It is my haven of peace and tranquility.
These pictures are all technically challenged! For some reason I cannot get them to turn out. So look, and feel tranquil, and don't knock my lack of ability!










I have been working on this room for years, and it is always evolving! I am always adding things, re-arranging things, and acquiring new additions to embellish my luxurious room!

These are a couple of my favorites:

One thing that I love to do is to throw an element of surprise into the textiles in a room. It is one of my favorite things to take one color and use ten different fabrics in all kinds of thicknesses, weights and patterns. I also like to put a little shot of surprise into a decor too! This blanket is my "shot" in this room.


This is a horse blanket that my sister got from somewhere. I LOVE it! It is wool felt; warm and comfortable -and COMPLETELY unexpected in a room full of silk and brocades! I love the colors mottled together: gray, brown, scarlet, green, and any color you can think of!

Nope, you can't have it! Sorry! Well, if your willing to pay the same cost as your $400 therapy sessions, well who can stand in the way of true happiness!






No comments: