Saturday, January 9, 2010

Nervous

What a new place we are at as a couple and a family. I have never had a career before when pregnant, Larry is laid off, our youngest is going to be four tomorrow, and I am filled with alternating waves of joy and terror when I consider the little one who will arrive in about 2 1/2 months.

It is getting so bad I am developing a nervous tick.

We are starting over from scratch with a new baby!

*tick, tick*

New baby smell.

FOUR weddings to pay for!

*tick, tick*

Tiny little toes.

SO much at work to get ready before I leave on extended maternity!

*tick, tick*

A new little personality to meet!

Gave away most of my baby clothes.

*tick, tick*

House no where NEAR ready.

*tick, tick*

So (ahem) light on my feet? (note sarcasm)

*tick, tick*

*tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, panic and tick*

What? What is that Ma'am? No, there is nothing REALLY wrong with me. I am just a little stressed out because... What is that? No, I DON'T have Turret's Syndrome.

Wait! Where are you going? Ma'am? Ma'am?

*SIGH* Perhaps I should obsess and stress when I am not standing in the baby aisle at Meyer's.

*tick, tick*

No comments: